Tuesday, March 28, 2006

uncertain trust

Here lately I have been doing a Bible reading plan, which has been really good. One of the places that I have been reading has been in the book of Psalm. When I read the words that David writes, it is like I am right there with him. I love that he is so honest with where he is. When David writes he goes from being totally down and fearful to praising God and proclaiming his trust in Him. This is where I have been lately. One day I am praising God and proclaiming my trust in Him and the next day I am wondering where He is. But through this time, God keeps bringing me to a Psalm like this one:

1 To You, O LORD, I call;
My rock, do not be deaf to me,
For if You are silent to me,
I will become like those who go down to the pit.
2 Hear the voice of my supplications when I cry to You for help,
When I lift up my hands toward Your holy sanctuary.
3 Do not drag me away with the wicked
And with those who work iniquity,
Who speak peace with their neighbors,
While evil is in their hearts.
4 Requite them according to their work and according to the evil of their practices;
Requite them according to the deeds of their hands;
Repay them their recompense .
5 Because they do not regard the works of the LORD
Nor the deeds of His hands,
He will tear them down and not build them up.

6 Blessed be the LORD,
Because He has heard the voice of my supplication.
7 The LORD is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart exults,
And with my song I shall thank Him.
8 The LORD is their strength,
And He is a saving defense to His anointed.
9 Save Your people and bless Your inheritance;
Be their shepherd also, and carry them forever.
Psalms 28:1-9 (NASB)


I love the peace that comes when I am struggling with my trust in God and my focus on Him and God brings me to a Psalm where David proclaims his trust in the Creator and turns to praising the one who created the universe. I feel so much like David so many times. I know God is who He says He is and I know that He is faithful, but sometimes I get off focused and begin to get caught up in circumstances and in the fear of the unknown.

Thank you God for hearing my prayers and being faithful even when I am unfaithful. Father I want my trust to be in you alone. You are the Creator God. You hold all things together. You alone are the one that gave me life. You are my salvation!! You are the sovereign God. Father, I pray that in you alone I would trust. Given me strength and grace to trust in You even in the most uncertain and difficult times. Father, you will be done.

No comments: