Wednesday, March 22, 2006

diving in to Total Truth

I have just started reading Total Truth by Nancy Pearcey and I have to say that it is a phenomenal book so far. Many people have said this is a great book and I am now seeing why. This book gives a good foundation on how our worldview effects every area of our life, hence total Truth. The first chapter talks about the sacred vs. secular and private vs. public view. In this she gives a great illustration that shows where our culture is at. She talks about a professor, who while teaching students, draws a heart and a brain on the board and then proceeds to tell the students that religion is for the heart and science/rational thought is for the brain. That is our culture, but the truth is that the Bible and Christianity is not just for the heart, but for every part of our lives. Pearcey gives great thought on this topic. This book has really got me thinking. I am excited to see how God will challenge me through this book. I will give updates as I read through this.

No comments: