Sunday, March 26, 2006

soaked in scripture

God taught me many things during the retreat this past weekend. But one of the main themes that kept coming up in my life was about being in the Word more. God has been giving more and more of a passion for His Word, but it seems that sometimes when I read it and come to a difficult passage I don't really figure out what the meaning is. I just keep reading. I not only want to read the Word more but I desire to know the word more so that it will create more and more of a passion for the Creator. I kept meditating on this passage this weekend....

"All scripture is inspire (God-breathed) by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work." II Timothy 3:16-17 NASB (parenthesis added)

God's Word is what we need to live and breathe. It is our source of wisdom and peace. God has given us everything that pertains to "life and godliness" (II Peter 1:3). I need to be immersed in the Word of God and learn more of who God is. I pray that I can become dripping wet in scripture. That the Word becomes so much of my life that I can't help but talk about it and live it out.

I am still wrestling through what this looks like in my life. But I do know that I want to be soaked in scripture and allow God's word to radically change my life.

....trying not to stay dry

No comments: