Tuesday, September 04, 2007

cultivate delight

Well...it has been a while. I have not come across this blog in a while. From some strong encouragement from a good friend of mine, I have decided to start blogging again. I am looking forward to getting started again.

So what has been on my mind?

Lately I have been going back to a Psalm that seems to be resonating with me right now. I am in a weird place. There is alot of good things going on....but these are things that require me to look to God and keep an open hand with the gifts he gives me. I can easily close my grip on things that God does not want me to have. This is such a struggle for me. So i find myself continually going back to these amazing scriptures.


1 Do not fret because of evildoers,
Be not envious toward wrongdoers.
2 For they will wither quickly like the grass
And fade like the green herb.
3 Trust in the LORD and do good;
Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.
4 Delight yourself in the LORD;
And He will give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the LORD,
Trust also in Him, and He will do it.
6 He will bring forth your righteousness as the light
And your judgment as the noonday.
7 Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him;
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who carries out wicked schemes.
8 Cease from anger and forsake wrath;
Do not fret; it leads only to evildoing
9 For evildoers will be cut off,
But those who wait for the LORD, they will inherit the land.

Psalms 37:1-9 (NASB)


I have been really soaking myself in this passage. I need to hear this everyday......or truthfully every hour. God is bigger then my struggles. I pray that I will walk in his strength.

No comments: