Wednesday, April 12, 2006

a mere breath

I love when I read something in God's word and it puts things back in perspective for me. Check out Psalm 39:5...

"Behold, You have made my days as handbreadths,
And my lifetime as nothing in Your sight;
Surely every man at his best is a mere breath. Selah." (nasb)

What a humbling idea. Were are at best a mere breath. Our life is a vapor. (James 4) This verse, in a strange way, is so reassuring. When I begin to worry about life and circumtances I can remember that I am just a breath in eternity. Hopefully not one that stinks.:) But I pray that I would be a breath that would reflect Christ and have an impact on eternity. Life is to short to be worrying about things. Not only that, God is to BIG to be worrying about anything. I love this verse that follows verse 5.

"And now, Lord, for what do I wait?
My hope is in you." v. 7

We can look to Christ and trust Him through every circumtance and trial. He is our hope and our salvation. He is the one who brings life. He alone is worthy of my trust and faith. He is the one who allows me to but a mere breath on this earth. My hope is in You and it is You alone that I trust. I pray that I would be humbled by how big you are and how small I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey emil, its caleb, i miss you buddy, god has been doing awesome things in my life lately. i don't have your number but i would love to talk with you sometime. give me a call at 678 940 4138